The VR marketplace is exploding, and PIXO is leading the way in on-demand generation and adoption in our industry. With our groundbreaking PIXO ApexTM platform, we provide comprehensive, end-to-end VR content, distribution, and management solutions for enterprise. PIXO VR is a rapidly growing company focused on growth of our employees and our business. Due to our aggressive growth plan, every employee has the opportunity to advance their knowledge and position with PIXO VR through hard work and initiative. We offer a culture of personal accountability and reward that with generous benefits and time off as well as a flexible work environment. This position can be either based in our headquarters in Royal Oak, Michigan or it can be remote.
PIXO VR is searching for a Full Stack Developer to join our team. The Full Stack Developer will craft systems and ultimately write, test, and deploy code that enables a platform and marketplace for buyers and sellers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and extend enterprise grade systems.
- Employ the principles of software craftsmanship and clean coding practices to produce high-quality and scalable applications that supports existing and future functionality of the product
- Maintain and upgrade code following deployment, and document
- Manage personal project priorities, deadlines, and results
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5 + years of Full-Stack, or in a similar role
- Experience with API design, backend service development, various data storage systems (PostgreSQL, etc.) and understanding performance characteristics and tradeoff.
- Experienced with modern JS development practices and frameworks including React/Redux. You’ve worked on JS projects at scale and feel confident solving complex problems.
- Experience with Node.js, Golang, Java, C/C++
- Excellent background in data structures, design patterns, and modern programming practices with more than 3 years of experience.
- Experience building and scaling web applications
- Must believe in writing thorough unit and integration tests and have at least tried TDD. Own the quality of the code, you write — QA doesn’t mean throwing it over the wall for someone else to test.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of good User Interface practices.
- Must have excellent object-oriented design and analysis skills.
- Strong communicator and fluent in English.
- Knowledge about Agile Methodologies
- Previous work with a licensed 3D engine (Unreal, Unity, …).
- Experience with social integrations on mobile platforms
- Strong Computer Science background: data-driven systems, algorithms, …
- Aggressive, motivated team player.
- Positive outlook with a drive to meet and exceed goals
- Collaborative, motivating and empowering leadership style
- Passion around learning, growing and developing new technology solutions
- A natural bias to action
- Ability to switch context quickly and multi-task as needed, vision to see overall production needs while digging deep into specific problems or challenges
- Natural problem solver who identifies and owns issues proactively
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org