The VR marketplace is exploding, and PIXO is leading the way in on-demand generation and adoption in our industry. With our groundbreaking PIXO Apex™ platform, we provide comprehensive, end-to-end VR content, distribution, and management solutions for enterprise. PIXO VR is a rapidly growing company focused on growth of our employees and our business. Due to our aggressive growth plan, every employee has the opportunity to advance their knowledge and position with PIXO VR through hard work and initiative. We offer a culture of personal accountability and reward that with generous benefits and time off as well as a flexible work environment. This position can be either based in our headquarters in Royal Oak, Michigan or it can be remote.
We are searching for a VR Content Product Manager to join our team. The VR Content Product Manager will set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for the content portfolio initiatives. Working with a team of offshore and onshore designers, engineers, artists, marketers, and 3rd party content developers to ensure PIXO is delivering an exceptional content experience to all our end users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a strategic thought leader for the VR content product experience; demonstrate ability to transform strategy into deliverables and product execution and delivery
- Establish and build relationships with 3rd party content providers worldwide.
- Negotiate contractual agreements with content providers
- Leverage deep understanding of existing VR content strategies on training and other modules
- Lead and perform daily product management activities including writing product specs and requirements, as well as crafting high level technical documents and user flows.
- Foster a data-driven product culture that emphasizes continuous testing, iterative design and development using product development lifecycle methodologies
- Support the content product design, engineering, and QA teams throughout the production cycle, helping to remove roadblocks and prioritizing work items based on established outcomes and business objectives
- Identify potential timeline and resourcing constraints and develop risk mitigation techniques to minimize issues
- Understand marketplace trends, competitive offerings, new products/technologies, and consumer behavior to identify opportunities to enhance PIXO’s content offerings.
- Analyze and act as key marketing owner for PIXO Content Library and partner to drive sales and customer success
- Understand financials of the content library and individual training modules and drive procurement and production strategy based on profitability and revenue
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years in software product management with proven track record of successful launches of new or updated products preferably within the iOS, Android, Windows operating systems or video game/virtual reality realm
- Experience working with subscription products or services
- Excellent communicator to senior-level executives; able to adapt communication styles across audience and stakeholder groups
- Experience producing wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and user interaction diagrams
- Experience with different project lifecycle methodologies
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines in a cross-functional team while remaining detail-oriented
- Strong technical experience working with emerging technologies, subscription systems, and platform integrations
- Technical competence and ability to adapt new technologies and lead teams through technology changes
- VR experience is highly preferred
- Experience in instructional design preferred
- Positive outlook with a drive to meet and exceed goals
- Collaborative, motivating and empowering leadership style
- Passion around learning, growing and developing new technology solutions
- A natural bias to action
- Ability to switch context quickly and multi-task as needed, vision to see overall production needs while digging deep into specific problems or challenges
- Natural problem solver who identifies and owns issues proactively
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org