Arc Flash Electrical Safety
VECTRE’s arc flash electric safety training offers a detailed and immersive way to discover, practice and assess your electrical safety knowledge.
The immense amount of energy released during an arc flash can cause damage to equipment, nearby surroundings, serious injury or even death! When working in or around an energized circuit you expose yourself to this risk. It’s crucial to understand what an arc flash is, what causes it and how to prevent it.
What You'll Learn
- Provide awareness training of electrical hazards that includes shock and arc flash.
- Understand what causes an arc flash and how it can be prevented.
- Educate on PPE levels, as well as what to look for when outfitting for an electrical task
- Provide hands-on practice, utilizing tools in a high voltage-rated environment
- Demonstrate the effects of an Arc flash firsthand.
The VR Experience
Discover, practice and assess!
Become an arc flash expert with 5 different training modules.
- Information explorer: Trainees will discover information about arc flash and electrical safety with several immersive hands-on learning exhibits. See an arc flash up close by triggering one on a test dummy! After becoming familiar with the information, practice safety skills in the three learning modules that give detailed feedback as you complete tasks.
- Proper Protective Equipment: Identify and equip proper PPE from a randomized selection based on equipment energy and category level.
- Hazard recognition: Recognize and eliminate electrical hazards that are present around electrical equipment.
- Voltage-Rated Tools: Perform a live dead live test with a volt meter on potentially energized equipment.
Once you have completed the practice modules, it’s time to bring it all together.
Training Assessment: Assess your skills! Verify the absence of energy on energized equipment. Equip PPE, remove hazards and use a volt meter. Be careful, making a mistake could trigger an arc flash!