Lockout / Tagout (FreeRangeXR)
Provide maintenance workers a training experience that keeps them safe
This powerful Lockout / Tagout (LOTO) simulation teaches workers to identify and mitigate hazards, allowing maintenance and other service-related activities to be performed safely. Virtual reality (VR) provides a life-like environment where employees can learn by doing and safely practice LOTO procedures. The VR training course ends with an assessment where the trainee will perform the LOTO procedures and be graded on their performance.
What You'll Learn
Employees taking the VR Lockout / Tagout training will learn how to select the correct Lockout devices, isolate dangerous energy sources to critical equipment, notify personnel, disconnect energy sources while verifying Lockout / Tagout is in place, and lastly renotify personnel before bringing equipment back online. Employees will learn to:
- Choose and inspect equipment – select tools that are in good working condition and appropriate for the task.
- Identify equipment needing LOTO – recognize which equipment requires Lockout Tagout procedures.
- Properly communicate – when to send notifications to other workers through the LOTO process.
- Apply Lockout Tagout – execute the proper steps at the circuit board to apply and remove Lockout Tagout
- Repair equipment – follow the safety procedures to repair equipment without incident
The VR Experience
This VR training course has a tutorial, which takes the user through a non-graded lesson, and a scenario that is meant to be a graded assessment. The tutorial guides the user through selecting appropriate equipment such as a wrench and a radio, identifying equipment that requires Lockout / Tagout, sending notifications to other workers via the radio, executing a simple repair, and executing Lockout / Tagout. The assessment scenario grades the actions taught in the tutorial for servicing a hydraulic pump. Upon completion of the assessment, the user will receive their performance scores for safely performing Lockout / Tagout.